Summer is here – which means pool parties and barbeques and of course you NEED things to bring! Let’s be honest, you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, so I have this really super easy delicious dip that you can bring with you!
It’s called BLT dip and you can go two ways with this – you can go uber healthy or not healthy. Some healthier substitutions I make are Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, fat free cream cheese and turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
- 8 oz. cream cheese – regular OR fat free
- 1 cup sour cream – OR plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded – regular OR low fat
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled – regular, turkey bacon, OR vegan bacon
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Take the block of cream cheese and let it soften. Once it’s good and soft, add one cup sour cream or Greek yogurt. Next, add a dash of garlic powder and about two tablespoons of your ranch dip packet, but you can adjust it to taste. Add a little bacon, a little tomato and a little cheese and mix it up. DO NOT add the lettuce, it will get soggy. Pop it in a cute bowl and add toppings. I like to make a little barrier between the dip and the lettuce so it doesn’t get mushy. Or, add the toppings on the side! Grab some chips or veggies and you’re good to go! Enjoy!